Sunday, April 5, 2009

Music tastes.....

I have read many blogs concerning music that runners listen to and I have posted a couple of times on how I like podcasts and I have posted on some of the music I like or have liked but I was just looking through my music and I decided I do have an odd assortment. Almost every song has something to do with running (at least in my mind) and my music helps me get motivated or it allows me to wander away for awhile. My only problem is that I can only tolerate music for a couple of hours before it starts to bug me. Here is a quick summary of the bands on my Ipod along with a closer look at a song that always makes me smile.

From my early years
Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, Boston, Cowboy, Cooper Brothers, Headeast, Flying Burrito Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Jethro Tull, Marshall Tucker, Pink Floyd, Nitty Gritty Dirty Band, Rush, Steely Dan, Dr. John, Eagles, Emmylou Harris, Desert Rose Band, Chris Hillman, J. Geils Band, Heart, Journey, Lynyrd Skynrd, Molly Hatchet

From the 80's and 90's,
Alison Kraus, Anita Cochran, Blues Travelers, Bon Jovi, Eurythmics, Clapton, Edie Brickell, Indigo Girls, Jewel, Hootie and the Blowfish, John Mellencamp, Pat Benatar, Sheryl Crow, Sister Hazel,

Some country and christian
Martina Mcbride, Kelly Willis, Kasey Chambers, Faith Hill, Shania, FFH, David Crowder, Dixie Chicks, Sawyer Brown, Brooks and Dunn, Caemon's Call, Casting Crowns, Chantal Kreviazuk, Jeni Varnadeau, Kim Richey, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Mark Schultz, Lucinda Williams, Leann Rimes, Kimmie Rhodes, Sara Evans, Trick Pony, Jars of Clay, Across the Sky and quite a few more.

I am sure many of the artists most haven't heard from but I like the fact that I go from Aerosmith - The Train kept a Rollin to Kelly Willis - Heaven Bound to J. Geils - Must of got lost to Shania Twain - Up!

"Up!", is the song that brings a smile along with every time I hear it I think I about the St. Thomas hill in Twin Cities Marathon, and it always gets me through a bad stretch on any run. Here are some of the lyrics

It's about as bad as it could be
Seems everybody's buggin' me
Like nothing wants to go my way--
Yeah, it just ain't been my day
Nothin's comin' easily

Even my skin is acting weird
I wish that I could grow a beard
Then I could cover up my spots
Not play connect the dots
I just wanna disappear

[chorus:]
Up--up--up--
Can only go up from here
Up--up--up--up
Where the clouds gonna clear
Up--up--up--
There's no way but up from here

And the last verse

When everything is goin' wrong
Don't worry, it won't last for long
Yeah, it's all gonna come around
Don't go let it get you down
You gotta keep on holding on

If you aren't familiar with it take a listen (sorry it is disabled for embedding) so here is the you tube link:

Shania Twain - Up!: Green Version

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails