Friday, December 21, 2007

Motivation, Injuries and Winter in Minnesota

Well, I need to get going on training for the next marathon but it seems I am in the middle of the normal holiday, Minnesota weather, injury blues.

The knee is still problematic so I have been hesitant to get running on it. I don't want to run all year on a sore knee. Once I target my next marathon it is improbable that I will abort and I am hoping to get in 2, 3 or even 4 marathons this year and a 50k as well.

For those that don't know what running in Minnesota in the winter means, it is darkness, ice, snow and cold. The good news is we plow our bike paths after snowfalls so you can run easily, the problem is the darkness as it makes seeing the ice an issue. Once you do get going it is almost always enjoyable you just need to slow down a bit to avoid a fall (yes, another lesson learned the hard way).

I have done a wee bit (meaning very little) of cross training and the knee hasn't gotten worse so the plan is to take it easy through Christmas and then get going once the new year starts.

Have a Merry Christmas

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails