- 1016 miles, number 9 of 22 for the most miles (counting year 1 which only was a month of running back in 1991)
- 117 miles in October, most of any month for the year
- 51 miles in November, fewest of any month as I worked through the injury from Surf the Murph
- 5 events entered: 1 DNF (injury), 1 drops in distance (injury), 3 went as planned, kind of
- Converted to minimalist running and zero drop shoes
- Ankle injury resolved and appears to be in the past
- Injuries - continued to have issues with the ankle through mid year, led to me dropping at Chippewa, after that I went minimalist, the ankle is sound again but torqued a foot at Surf the Murph and finished the year once again working on getting healthy.
- Setbacks - calf issue, foot and ankle, gained back weight that was loss after injury setbacks.
- Motivation - without it, I don't get out the door. Work drains it, anticipation of races rejuvenate it.
- New Initiatives - went minimalist in May, felt good, ankle proprioception improved. Working on zero drop
- Focus - work life balance is critical, I need to commit to keeping work in perspective and meet my families needs and my running needs as I need to get in my runs which should lead to weight loss and motivation gains.
- Changes - Focusing now on more road runs with a speed twist to build strength and finishing the conversion to zero drop.
- Hope - Altra shoes, love them.
The goal for 2013 is take what I can when I can and to cherish every event, run and moment that I will experience on the trails and the roads.