Monday, January 20, 2014

Missed One & Mankato

I was double checking my plan for this year and realized that I had missed a marathon, I forgot all about it as last year was the first year. The race I missed is the St. Paul Urban Trail Marathon.


I clicked on the link and they haven't updated the registration page with this years race but since they added the date for 2014, it look like I have one more race to add. So that would mean 12 Minnesota outdoor marathons this year. I am little concerned though by the date as that might be the weekend we take our daughter back to school. Well, it's on my radar now, we will just have to wait and see if everything works out.

And for those thinking about running Mankato this fall (Oct. 19th), now is the time to sign up to save a few dollars as between now and the end of the month the marathon is $48, a 40% discount. After this signup period ends, the price keeps increasing until it hits the max of $85. So I will be signing up this week.

Oh, I should add some info for a couple of future posts, first, new shoes but these are road shoes (Pearl Izumi EM road H3's and New Balance 870v3), I have to admit it was weird to be looking at road shoes, somehow it just didn't feel right, now I just would like to see the snow melt off as the sloppy paths are a nuisance. And the other post will be a 2013 year in review summary which I am overdue to get out.



So stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails