Sunday, July 6, 2008

Afton, one day after.....

I woke up feeling fairly good, the hot spot I mentioned yesterday was a blister on the inside side of my foot basically at the first metatarsal bone. My feet seem a bit swollen and I am still holding water in the hands and probably everywhere.

But since the damage appeared to be lite and I wanted to get to 50 miles for the week, I decided to go ahead and get in a recovery run. It went ok but I decided to only go 3 miles. The knees appear no worse for wear, the legs had some energy but the feet definitely are tender. I was quite happy to have only occasional left knee pain yesterday and I didn't wear a patella strap so that is good. Now if the right knee patella would stop aching, I would be able to pick it up. I am glad that the body has held up thus far with 2 marathons and 2 50k's.

Now I just need to get focused on getting back into some consistent training, work on the core and try to cross train a bit. With the two marathons back to back in August, I probably won't be able to see if the speed is improving but I can focus on my endurance and reducing the weight. My weight goal is to be <200 by September 15th.

I did make 50+ miles for the week so I made my goal, I need to consistently set goals and then challenge myself to meeting them.

Mileage plan for the week of July 6th
Monday - off
Tuesday - 5 easy
Wednesday - 5 (3 fast + 2 easy)
Thursday - 3 easy & softball
Friday - off
Saturday - 12
Sunday - 10 + 20 bike

Total for the week - 35 miles

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails