Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I love mild winter weather

I have started getting back into a running routine, yes finally and yes it is probably related to an increase in the temp.

I ran yesterday at Lake Nokomis, the weather was such that I almost ran in shorts. Think of that, a run on January 7th in shorts, I should have done it. Lake Nokomis is a small lake with two paved paths around it, a loop is approximately 2 and 1/2 miles and it is nice and flat. In the winter they plow one of the two paths so it's a good place to run, there are lights so even in the dark you can pretty much see the path.

I had knee pain throughout from the tendonitis but it was manageable just not enjoyable. Hopefully the ice, every other day running and stretching will resolve it. I need to start to ramp the mileage if I want to try and do Olathe Marathon in Kansas on March 29th.

Have a good week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails