Thursday, September 30, 2010

Frustration

TCM is out, can't run, shouldn't start. Surf the Murph's entry fee goes up today, do I sign up or not? I only have 29 days to get back into running shape of any sort and to hit the start line. So the 50 miler is out, 50k is doubtful, 25k is a maybe, volunteering I can do. So I emailed Les and Cindy on Sunday to see if they need another volunteer otherwise maybe I go for the 25k.

And on that note, I thought I would be running by now but I am not ready. I am walking pretty good but the calf still is bothersome on uneven surfaces and when it gets flexed, trails would be troublesome. Tonight, I tried to get on the treadmill, had issues as soon as I hit 4 mph, not good. Thought about trying to just push through it, then I thought again and decided to wait another day or two.

I may still try to go for Surf the Murph but if I do I will just pay the extra entry fee and if I am running in the next week, I think I would be quite happy to do so.

Amended Post - Kel left me a comment and I followed her advice, I am now signed up for the 25k. It at least gives me something to look forward to.

Otherwise, it may soon be time to move to plan b - fall/winter cross training program.

2 comments:

Kel said...

Sign up - you can cancel up to 3 days prior, or if you opt to send in payment by check (the only option I was given when I signed up online this evening), your registration is void if you don't mail it in within 2 weeks. It buys a little more time :)

Mike said...

Kel - thanks for letting me know, I went ahead and signed up for the 25k. If I still can't run, I might as well go for a nice walk :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails