For those that aren't sure how many marathons we have, it appears to be 12, the article got all of the ones I am aware of, feel free to check out each of their websites:
1. Zoom! Yah! Yah! Indoor Marathon - Jan 9th, 2011 - Northfield, MN
- it's run indoors at St. Olaf and is limited to 85 runners
2. Zorbaz on Gull Lake Run for the Lakes - Apr 30th, 2011 - Nisswa, MN
3. Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon - May 14th, 2011 - St. Joseph, MN
4. Med-City Marathon - May 29th, 2011 - Rochester, MN
5. Stillwater Marathon - May 29th, 2011 - Stillwater, MN
6. Minneapolis Marathon - June 5th, 2011 - Minneapolis, MN
7. Grandmas Marathon - June 18th, 2011 - Duluth, MN
8. Half Voyageur Trail Marathon - July 16th, 2011 - Carlton, MN
9. Moose Mountain Marathon - Sept. 10th, 2011 - Lutsen, MN
10. Walker North Country Marathon - Sept 17th, 2011 - Walker, MN
11. Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon - Oct. 2nd, 2011 - Minneapolis, MN
12. Mankato Marathon - Oct. 22nd, 2011 - Mankato, MN
I would be remiss to not note that they didn't include our races beyond the marathon distance but that only adds another 5 or so more. Not bad for a state that is pretty much only noted for two of the marathons (Grandmas and Twin Cities). We are indeed lucky to have so many to choose from.
One thing that occurred to me is that it would be a fun goal to run all of them in a single year. The one issue I see is the conflict between Med City and Stillwater since they are on the same day. I wonder if one of the race directors would give me a late start :-). Even if you don't want to run all of them, check out the article (as it provides a good summary on each of them) and then choose a few that look good and enjoy them.