Monday, August 15, 2011

Camping in Lebanon Hills

This past weekend we met some old friends for our annual camping weekend. This years location, Lebanon Hills. Normally we go north, not this year, which it made it really easy for my family. Great camping, hard to believe we were in the middle of a city.

We stayed in the east loop, some of the sites are fairly sheltered by trees and a few are in the open I think all of the sites have electric even though we were camping. A couple of our friends had large trailers and the others camped. The west loop is RV central while the north loop is tents only (no power). For those not familiar with the campground it is located on the western side of the center section of the park just across from the Zoo off of Johnny Cake Ridge Road.


On Saturday morning, I got in a 6 mile run and stopped to take a couple pictures from the trail. If anyone recognizes this section of trail, feel free to post the location otherwise I will keep it hidden away as it's one of my favorite sections in Lebanon Hills even though it's not a real long section. It was raining lightly when I left the campground, it picked up as I went but running in the trees kept me mostly dry and besides I love running in the rain. All in all a great weekend.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails