Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Turtle Trot Race Report - a bit overdue

Well year 6 of running the Turtle Trot Triathlon was not a great time but as always it was a great time yet again.(ok, this was from back in July but I forgot to post it oops)

We again did the run first, then the swim followed by the bike. As a reminder it is a 5k, 1/2 mile and 10 mile respectively.

The run went ok, the calf tightened up during the first mile but I was able to keep running, I did slow down each mile as I had to take a couple of short walking breaks. I wasn't sure if it was going to break down or not so I didn't push it as I didn't want to have go into a spasm. I ended up with my second slowest 5k (at the TT) but I was still happy as I had no ankle pain and the calf wasn't as bad as before.

The swim, well I didn't drown, that is about as much as I hope for. It was harder this year then past years as the lake was up and there were times I couldn't touch so I had to swim more than normal :-).

The bike, first though I should give proper credit as during the swim Karyn caught and passed me but we ended up getting out of the water still fairly close together. I did a slightly faster transition which allowed us to bike together. I thought about trying to pedal away but the truth was I am not sure I could have. Karyn had a good day, if not for a huge puddle, she might have PR'd. The huge puddle was fun they got a few inches of rain before the race and the street was flooded out so we peddled through it, it came up to my gear train.

We were both happy we did it and I am sure we will look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails