Thursday, October 29, 2009

Surf the Murph Checklist

Just a little more than 1 day out and all things are coming together quite nicely. I am in the middle of working out the final details of what I think I need to do to be ready for race morning. I went for a short 3 mile run tonight, no issues except for the branch I stepped on that I thought went through my foot. Then I have work, it is doing a great job of keeping me distracted of course not in a good way but hey, I will have 50 miles to work that all out.

My plans for the race are real simple go out slow, keep going, finish. I thought about posting about the weather and then I thought why? Regardless of what it is I will be there and will try to be ready.

Here is my current checklist:

Fuel
Clif shot electrolyte - 4 1/2 liters (2 bladders - 1 is 2 liters, 1 is 1 1/2 liters, 2 1/2 liter bottles)
Clif shot bloks - 2 packages
Chocolate #9 - 4
Sport beans - 2
Peanut butter sandwich - 2
Water - 6 1/2 liter bottles
Nuun tablets in case the water needs some flavor
S-Caps - 20

Clothing
Race start - Jacket, shorts, socks, running pants, long sleeve tech shirt, gloves, hat
extra running pants
extra long sleeve shirt
extra short sleeve shirt
extra socks
extra shoes
extra jackets
more gloves
costume - still thinking about it

Misc.
Headlamps 2
Flashlights 2
extra batteries
Garmin
usb battery charger for Garmin (need to create it yet)
extra watch

I am pretty sure I have forgotten something, oh well still time to correct it.

Ok, I changed my mind, here is the latest and my last weather forecast and it looks just fine.

From Accuweather - 34 at race start
Saturday, Oct 31
High: 50 °F RealFeel®: 39 °F
Breezy with times of clouds and sun





From Weather.com
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy High
45°F

Low
35°F

From Wunderground
Partly Cloudy
45° F | 34° F

3 comments:

Wayne said...

ready or not, here it comes!! :) We're ready. Of course, I don't even want to think about your shoe decision (though you probably want a pair for the race start). sunglasses is something I just thought about. And go with the costume!

Kel said...

If you're thinking about adding NUUN just for flavor, please be aware that a single tablet has more sodium than an S Cap.

I find that sunglasses fog up in cool/cold weather when I'm running and is more of a hassle than a help. A baseball cap does the trick just fine (especially in the woods).

For costume - I'm going to pretend to be an ultra runner ;)

See ya there!

CewTwo said...

Wow! Waiting for the race report!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails