Sunday, August 29, 2010

Odds and Ends

I emailed the folks at Dakota County Parks concerning Lebanon Hills, I asked i>f they had ever considered a race at the park and asked about running on the horse trails. They got back to me right away. As to the horse trails, Beth advised me that they were designated single use but that it will be reviewed next year so I should keep an eye out and get involved. As to a race, Kim got back to me on that and said look for one next year. She said they were talking to a race organizer and she would email me once something was more definitive, she also asked if I would be like to be involved.

I got another longish run at Murphy today and a mid distance one yesterday. They will have to be enough for Superior. Yesterday, I had issues of the bio nature, today, everything went really well until I realized that I had some major chafing issues followed by a couple of ankle rolls. Add in a bit too much heat and a blister, so I stopped after 22 miles deciding to do no more damage. I did see Les when I looped back towards my car, he again mentioned that Surf the Murph will be 3 loops this year. I really do enjoy running at Murphy and have even started liking the southern section, probably cause it doesn't kick me in the rear like the northern section does. Here is a picture from the southern side of Murphy.



I did run in my latest shoes, my "panic shoes" for Superior, I picked up a pair of Salomon XT Wings and outside of the blister today which was more a by product of the socks I wore, I really did like them. I also picked up a pair of Brooks Cascadia's a few weeks back at Run n Fun so I am now set with shoes. I was happy today to not have any significant foot pain, outside of being in lousy shape, everything else is mostly ok for Superior.

For those that may not remember, I always tend to freak out as races approach about my shoes, I like to have at least 2 viable options and going into Superior with the foot pain I was having I was concerned, hence my panic purchase last week. It helped that I had a coupon for $15 off, they were on sale and that they had my size in a shoe that I always wanted to try.

So time to taper a little bit, watch what I eat and to start planning what I will need to have for Superior. Oh by the way, the current long range weather forecast from Accuweather is calling for:

Mostly Cloudy - Hi 53° RealFeel® 48°Lo 42°

.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails