In looking through their web page, it looks like I might be a good candidate but there are a couple of huge problems. The first problem is that it is a group, I am not good at groups, the second problem is the shirt it would attract attention, I don't like attention and the third and final issue it only comes in black or yellow. I don't like yellow and I am not fond of black.
There was a survey that I started to fill out until I thought through the above issues and since I did most of it, I figured I may as well do a quick post with some of the questions I found most interesting, so here are my 13 favorites.
1. How many marathons / ultra marathons have you run?
- Race for the Rainbow 5k – 1992
- Grandmas – 1993 – yes (and pain :-)
- Started in late December of 1991 to get out of my in-laws house at Christmas.
- Dances with the Dirt 50 miler in Gnaw Bone, IN - 15 miles from where I grew up
- Grandmas 1999, I ran it with a torn meniscus cartilage in my right knee in order to keep my Grandma's streak going
- Country Music Marathon - Nashville, TN
- 17 (1 every 3 weeks)
- Pineline Marathon, after a terrible day I found out I finished 4th in my age group and I received a yellow rail spike (if you didn't guess it, I am pretty sure there were 4 in my age group)
- Yes, why?, how far?, isn't it bad for your knees?, do you get paid?
- Sammy's pizza in Duluth with a Lake Superior Ale
- Chippewa Moraine 50k – had to run in snow and it was my first 50k
- Short term - get to 10 states and a 50 miler
- Long term - 50 states, 100k and 100 miler