Tuesday was the day I discovered the answer to the question I have been pondering for a very long time, which is;
How do you really know its spring in Minnesota?
Here are my answers in David Letterman fashion
10. Most of the snow is melted
9. The Twins are playing
8. The Wild are not
7. The T-wolves might be playing but most Minnesotans don't know if they are
6. You see people again that you thought had moved away
5. Folks talk about how it's a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic day just because it's in the upper 40's and the sun is shining
4. Things are starting to change from brown to green
3. Some folks are in shorts and others are still in winter coats
2. Flying bugs are back and of course I swallowed my first bug of the year
1. I saw my first snake and yes I almost stepped on it, I hate that part of trail running.
Thankfully, I can declare with little fear of being wrong, spring has finally arrived in Minnesota