- Why do people like cold weather?
- Why do wild animals make deposits in the middle of the trail?
- If it ain't from wild animals, then why do dog owners let their dogs deposit there?
- Is hard packed snow as hard as asphalt, dirt, concrete or brick?
- Is 4 hours running in the snow on trails equal to 4 hours on the same dirt trails?
- Is this the last of the really, really cold weather for this winter?
- How do you tell if frostbite is happening?
- Why do I need to spit so much?
- I love my gaiters as I can now step off the trail without my ankles getting covered in snow.
- I am doing Disney for my Florida marathon and for sure the Goofy (1/2, M) and probably the Dopey (5k, 1/2, M).
- I love listening to podcasts.
- I strongly dislike cold weather below 20F and I hate cold weather below 10F and I can't describe what I think when the temp is below 0F.
- The nice thing in MN is that in the winter you don't stop running for fear of freezing up.
- The nice thing in MN is that in the summer you don't stop running for fear that the mosquitoes will catch you.
- Another nice thing is that snakes hibernate.
- One good thing about snow is that it covers rocks and roots.
- I love people who snowshoe as they pack down the trails for me to run on them.
- I like running materials that breathe, I don't think GoreTex does?
- Wearing my Nathan under my coat really does keep it from freezing even when it's real cold.
- What is the freezing point for blue juice?
- Why did my Nano-Nike+ stop after 2 1/12 hours, ok, I know this one, I hit the wrong button I think?
- Do Clif Shot blocks freeze?
- How hilly is Psycho Wyco?
- When will we have our first 70F day?
- How long will it be before I am warm again?????????????
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I ended up just a bit short of my 4 hour goal but I did make it within 5 minutes, so I am calling it good enough. This is by far the longest I have ever run on such a cold day, the temp was around 3F when I left with a windchill of only around -10F. I think it warmed up a little bit during the run but that may have been a hallucination. I did have a lot of random thoughts and questions pop in and out during the run so I figured I would jot some of them down.