Saturday, January 24, 2009

Running in the cold.....

Ok, I admit it I am a wimp, this running long (or short) in the cold is for folks much hardier than I am. I went out today, the temp was around 2F with the windchill around -15F, with a plan to run in Lebanon Hills for 4 hours. I made it about 8 miles, just under 2 hours and I was cold. I had covered up the face but I think I needed an extra layer up top. It felt as if I was freezing up at the wrists and the arms in general. In all of my runs in the cold, I have never felt that before.

So what's the forecast for tomorrow? About the same, so, I will head out again but will add another layer and see what happens. If nothing else, it will be interesting to push it yet again. I think the Kansas event will be an interesting day, as I will have about 2 more weeks to get in some quality long runs after tomorrow.

On a different note, the soccer season schedule is pretty well set, so the remainder of the running schedule can pretty much start to get figured out. Brookings, the Superior 50k and Minneapolis are out. I will need to revisit some other possibles events and then decide what works out the best. FANS and Deadwood are both doable except that they are the same weekend so I might be able to do one of them. Lincoln is still a good possibility and maybe Stillwater. I could consider the Illinois Marathon in mid April. Or I could.......

Anyway, I am sure there are many other options that I will think about but for the moment I will just work on running long tomorrow and take it from there.............

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails