I am not expecting that Psycho Wyco will be all fun. I am going in undertrained, carrying too much weight and nursing a few minor injuries, so my only goal is to finish without a significant injury increase. The other thing that has me bummed is that the weather forecast is only for the 30's, I so wanted to run in shorts again (and not be cold), who knows maybe the forecast will change. After KC, I will focus on Chippewa as I have ruled out McNaughton and didn't get into Clinton Lake. After Chippewa, we discussed Lincoln and it's pretty much out as we would like to avoid some expenses for a while along with the fact that it is a week after Chippewa and the week before my daughter graduates from college. I should add that my wife and I are real proud of her, she has done great.
I am also thinking of putting off my goal of adding more states for this year and instead just focus on running local events. So what does that mean, I am thinking about locking into the following events:
- Stillwater Marathon - May
- FANS 12 - June
- Afton 50k - July
- Superior 50 - September - it would be an out of town event and cost a bit but I do so want to do it but I have to be injury free and do FANs, I think.
- Surf the Murph 50k - November
Other not quite local options still to consider depending on FANS and Superior and how things work out for the summer:
- Swan Lake Marathon - June
- Bohemian Alps - September
- Glacial 50 or Wild Duluth 50 or 100k - October