Sunday, February 1, 2009

Not quite what I had planned..........

I went out today thinking 5 hours of running was ahead of me. I knew before I started that it might not be my day. My back hurt, why, didn't know, my ankle, same thing, my hip, ditto and my knees were tender, those at least I was used to hurting (I have not done a good job of ridding myself of my tendinitis) and through in some stomach issues for one more thing to think on. I said to myself it doesn't matter, go.

Turns out it did matter, I struggled and after playing mind games with myself for over an hour and a half, I made the decision to abort the run. I was right on the edge of doing major damage, I was so tight and not right at all such that each step took energy and hurt, I tried stretching, walking, running hard, nothing was working. So KC is 2 weeks away, am I ready, maybe, maybe not. I wasn't planning a PR but I also wasn't planning on having a painful day. That's why I decided to quit as if I had continued I am pretty sure I would have sealed my fate for KC, if it still turns painful so be it. So I think I will take tomorrow off from running and then think about one more longish run.

For the remainder of today, I will work on stretching, icing and relaxing with a cold beer and enjoying the Super Bowl. As to who do I want to win, well, that's easy. Why because I grew up with the Bengals and still am a fan, so think hate the Steelers, I adopted the Bears when two guys from Columbus played there in the 70's, so think Chicago, and it's settled ---> Go Cardinals......

2 comments:

Londell said...

Better to go into Psycho rested ... conditions can make it a bitch adn the conditions can change each loop. Last year, ice on the first loop, then mud like chocolate moose and I quit at 20 miles (2 loops). Rest well and enjoy the race.

Mike W. said...

Good advice, thank you for the encouragement, weather is looking ok, at least for now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails